Check out our video about School Supplies!
Check out our video about the Snack Basket!
Check out our video about shoes for school!
What is an Ambassador at AMS? An Ambassador at AMS is a returning parent who has volunteered to reach out to new families to help them integrate into our AMS community! A new parent is given several opportunities to connect with their Ambassador in the fall of each new school year!
To either volunteer to be an Ambassador or to receive a contact from an Ambassador, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclement Weather Policy
We encourage families to sign up for the WLOS text alert for the latest updates. Asheville Montessori School does NOT follow Asheville City or Buncombe County schools.
In the event of inclement weather, we will announce our closings in three places by 6:45 AM
- On WLOS (channel 13)
- The WLOS website
- On our message machine at the school
Parents can help by taking the following steps:
- Please be aware of changing conditions. If roads continue to deteriorate after an announcement, please check to see if our status has changed.
- Make sure that we have your up-to-date contact information in case we have to let parents know of early closures.
- As always, our first consideration is your family’s safety. Please be careful as you travel the roads to and from school.
Please review these documents!. You will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies when you enroll your child.
- Parent Handbook 2021-2022
- Parent Handbook Signature Page
- AMS Financial Policy 2021-22
- 2021-22 Tuition Schedule
Other Documents to review:
- NC Child Care Law Summary
- NC’s Policy on Discipline & Behavior Management
- AMS Code of Conduct
- AMS Release Policy
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma
- COVID19 exclusion flow chart
- NC Interim Guidance for Child Care Settings 4-15-20
Are you ready to come visit our school? Request a tour!